Seven Seas Voyager emerges from luxurious renovations
SOUTHAMPTON – Regent Seven Seas Cruises has completed its bow-to-stern upgrade of Seven Seas Voyager, giving the ship a luxurious new decor and a new collection of spectacular production shows for the Constellation Theatre. The ship underwent an extensive, 25-day upgrade as part of Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ $125 million fleet-wide upgrade programme, and is now underway on a 23-night Barcelona to Dubai voyage that departed on 9 November. The ship now boasts the same elegant style and indisputable attention to detail famously featured on Seven Seas Explorer, providing all Regent Seven Seas Cruises ships with a consistent look-and-feel.
Seven Seas Voyager joins Seven Seas Navigator as the second ship to receive this stylish new update to the public spaces and suites onboard. In addition to the elegant new decor, the ship will debut five new production shows in the Constellation Theatre.
“Our fleet-wide renovation brings a new level of elegance to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet. We want to ensure that we not only have the most luxurious ship ever built with Seven Seas Explorer, but the most luxurious fleet at sea,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “The minute I stepped on the newly refurbished Seven Seas Voyager, I was blown away by the luxurious decor and intricate design details. This ship looks unequivocally better today than the day it was delivered from the shipyard, and exquisitely represents the continued evolution of the Regent Seven Seas Cruises brand.”
While the shipboard enhancements extend from bow-to-stern, some of the more notable renovations include:
- Penthouse, Concierge and Deluxe Suites: The largest collection of suites onboard the ship received a contemporary design that helps accentuate the spaciousness of the suites.
- Compass Rose: The ship’s flagship restaurant received a stunning new look with grand crystal chandeliers, rich wooden accents and celestial blue furnishings. The restaurant features a completely new menu that offers guests an unprecedented level of personal customisation and choice, making it essentially the largest speciality restaurant at sea.
- Chartreuse: Already a guest favourite on Seven Seas Explorer, Chartreuse made its debut on Seven Seas Voyager as part of the ship’s refurbishment. The restaurant features new furnishings, china, flooring and decor elements inspired by the Chartreuse on Seven Seas Explorer, along with a completely new menu.
- La Veranda: La Veranda will feature a fresh and airy design with light grey coloured flooring and accent walls which accentuate the natural light coming from the restaurant’s floor-to-ceiling windows. In a major structural change, the buffet is now open to both sides of the restaurant and features a new cook-to-order grill station.
- Pool Grill: The outdoor eating area offers a new infrared barbeque grill, so chefs can prepare savoury barbeque specialties such as steaks, chops, lamb and salmon on the open deck.
- Voyager Lounge: The marquee lounge features a beautiful new design that was inspired by a modern interpretation of a French cabaret. A timelessly elegant decor with large champagne-coloured chandeliers cascading down over crimson coloured loveseats along a wall of oversized windows provides guests with the perfect locale to enjoy live nightly musical entertainment.
Areas also touched during the refurbishment of Seven Seas Voyager include the Reception Area, Coffee Connection, Connoisseur Lounge, Card Room, boutiques, casino and the Canyon Ranch SpaClub. In addition to the physical enhancements, the ship comes out of dry dock with five new astonishing production shows.
- Tuxedo: Highlighted by a live orchestra, Tuxedo presents a fresh take on the music of the Rat Pack, Tony Bennett, Natalie Cole and Frank Sinatra while also showcasing dynamic arrangements of classic songs by contemporary artists like Michael Buble, Christina Aguilera, Brian Setzer and Harry Connick Jr.
- Lights, Camera, Music!: This elegant tribute to Hollywood musicals showcases cinematic classics songs from the past three-quarters of a century.
- Broadway in Concert: The talented cast of Seven Seas Voyager will take guests on a journey through Broadway past and present with songs from Guys and Dolls, Annie Get Your Gun, Cabaret, Les Miserable and many more.
- Vegas! The Show: This show recreates some of the greatest moments in the history of Sin City, and the exciting entertainers who have made Vegas one of the entertainment capitals of the world. Guests will enjoy music from The Rat Pack, Elvis, Sonny and Cher, and Tina Turner.
- Dancin’ Fool: An extraordinary evening of music and dance led by the Seven Seas Voyager cast that ranges from jive, salsa, quick step, disco and Broadway-style Fosse.